What To Know Before Buying A Massage Chiar
1. Define Your Needs: Think about how the massage chair will meet your long term needs. There is a tremendous variety of choices of models, makes and features. Start with the areas you are looking for daily relief. Are there certain problem areas, you want to focus on? Next, match the areas with the type of massage that would be most effective. If you are looking for full body massage, see what massage therapy techniques you would enjoy most. If you know the massage types you want this will help get the best massage chair for your needs.
2. Back Pain Relief: Suffering from back pain or discomfort? Massage chair recliners started with back massages and have built a full arsenal of massage therapies for the back. There is the finger press massage for decompressing the cervical discs of the spine. The rollers move up and down the spine gently pressing to relieve pressure. Shoulders and neck can be effectively relieved with a gripping or grasping massage. The rollers provide a gentle squeezing action to relieve built up stress. Lower back pain is effectively relieved with a shiatsu massage.
3. Massage Therapy: Massage chairs have many massage therapies available. Choose from Shiatsu, Swedish, Hawaiian, Acu pressure, Reflexology, Deep Tissue and many more. It is important to familiarize yourself with the different types as each provides certain benefits. Also, massages can be light and gentle to more invigorating depending on your needs and comfort. Most massage chair recliners offer multiple massage therapies, so make sure the most important ones are covered.
4. Lower Body Massage: Do you enjoy having your feet massaged? The premier massage chair brands deliver reflexology foot massages. The footrest has built in reflexology nodes that gently push up into your reflexology points inducing full body relaxation. Ease those tired feet with the gentle squeeze, tyiosdgex hold and release of the reflexology foot massage. If you sit a lot, then get a buttocks massage. The massage chair cycles through massaging both hemispheres and also provides vibration therapy to enhance blood circulation. How about a little stretch? Massage chairs have lower body stretching capability. The footrest holds your feet and then extends out to more positions to stretch your lower back, hips, thighs, knees and ankles. Massage chairs have rapidly advanced the technology and effectiveness of lower body massages. Most massage chair concentrated really on the back, neck and shoulders. This was accomplished using rollers to imitate human hands. The lower body presents more challenges. These companies have developed a mechanical paddle system and air massage using air compression. Some chairs are mixed with both, but the best massage chairs use one or the other. The paddle system is limited to the calf areas. Air massage is much more flexible since the massage is delivered via air bags. These chairs have air bags for the arms, hands, feet, calves, thighs, hips, buttocks providing superior coverage.
5. Warranty Coverage: Warranty coverage varies as much as the variety of massage chairs on the market. First, sort your list down to reputable manufacturers. Find out if the manufacturer has national retail accounts, this ensures that there warranty means something. Typical warranty coverage includes parts; labor, in home service vs. service center, shipping expenses. Interestingly, Fortune 500 manufacturers like Panasonic and Sanyo have short warranties from the manufacturer, but then sell extended warranties to match the rest of the massage chair industry. How long does the manufacturer cover parts? If you need service, can a technician come to your home or do you need to send your massage chair to a service center. This is important, as sending around 200 lbs of massage chair is not an easy task. Also, how long will the manufacturer pick up any shipping expenses to repair the massage chair?